Voice Picking System
RDS Voice™ is proven to increase accuracy to 99.99% in picking, kitting, receiving and replenishment operations
Voice Picking System RDS Voice™ from Recognized Leader in Warehouse Automation
Numina Group is a recognized leader in design and implementation of warehouse automation and software systems including our warehouse voice picking system, RDS Voice™. What is a voice picking system? It’s a hands-free alternative to paper lists, tablets and pick-to-light. Integrated with ERP or the WMS, voice-based order picking gives workers spoken instructions through a lightweight headset about where to go and what to pick.
Our voice-directed picking workforce management tool, RDS Voice™, is a flexible voice picking and voice inspection technology. It’s proven to increase order picking and other warehouse work task productivity for manufacturing and distribution order fulfillment activities. RDS Voice™ Automation Module uses the world’s leading speaker independent voice engine that requires zero operator voice training and operates even in the noisiest industrial environments.
How Do You Use Voice Picking?
After sequencing the pick list in the WMS, voice picking gives warehouse workers verbal instructions on what to pick. Workers take a tote or carton to each pick location, as guided by the pick voice system. They let the system know they’ve reached the location by scanning a barcode, entering a value on a terminal, or in a multimodal voice picking system — simply by speaking.
This prompts the WMS voice picking system to tell the worker what and how many items to pick. The worker advises the system when the reach is complete, and the system provides directions to the next location.
RDS Voice™ scales from 5 to 100s of users with fast sub-second response time that combines voice commands with Bluetooth wireless headsets and hands-free 2D barcode scanning. RDS Voice™ drives the highest efficiencies and accuracy in picking and order fulfillment, with proven results among warehouse voice picking systems for more than 200,000 worldwide users.
RDS Voice™ pick-by-voice technology integrates barcode scan validation, increasing accuracy to 99.99% in picking, kitting, receiving and replenishment operations. It is simple to use and fast to deploy, with operators trained and productive in minutes. Our voice-directed warehousing services combine process design improvements and RDS Voice™ to obtain a rapid return on investment (ROI), with our customers typically gaining productivity of 30-50% with payback typically in less than a year.
“Within weeks of implementation, our workers went from an average of 450 picks to 800 picks per hour,” says Josh Kanis, Bartlett’s director of information technology. Voice boosted picking productivity by over 40 percent. To say that we exceeded our expectations is putting it mildly.”
Voice Picking Automation Solution
RDS Voice™ is more than just voice picking, it is a solution that can scale to a complete order-fulfillment automation suite, managing process improvements across the entire distribution center. With pick-to-voice warehouse systems, your facility can see several benefits, including:
- Increased pick volume per worker
- Overall increased efficiency in pick and put processes
- Increased accuracy in picking, with a reduction in repeat work
- Safety improvements with greater automation in areas like barcode scanning, reducing repetitive motions
- Integration of picking and fulfillment processes, yielding greater efficiency from pick to shipment
RDS Voice™ provides automation in the following areas:
- Picking Automation – batch, discrete cart picking and pick to conveyor
- Voice + Hands Free 2D Bar Code Scanning for SKU, Serial and Lot code capture
- Continuous or Batch Wave Release Order Management
- Cartonization based on SKU dimensions and weight to pick, pack, and verify directly to the shipping carton
- Receiving, Replenishment, and Inspection
- Kitting for assembly and manufacturing
- Smart Pick Cart™ batch picking with walk path optimization
- Conveyor Zone Routing for pick to carton/tote applications
- Pack Area automation with automated in-line carton pack-sheet print, insert, void, and seal
- Workforce productivity tracking by task and work zones with order progress, labor to order tracking, and productivity reporting
Numina’s RDS Voice™ is the superior voice picking system in the warehouse, containing a full set of pre-developed automation modules that can combine additional technologies with pick-by-voice, including pick and put to light, automated conveyor systems with intelligent zone routing, high speed sortation, automated packing with in-line scan-weigh, vision capture, and dimensional order inspection. Numina voice picking software is fully customizable and can be tailored to your specific needs, providing a market-leading solution that yields much higher efficiency than other standard, non-customizable systems. In addition, we offer voice automation as part of a modular, scalable service offering that you can implement according to your needs, with room to grow and evolve later.
The above automation technologies seamlessly combine with print and apply labeling to automate the entire order fulfillment pack and ship operation. These automation technologies are all controlled and managed by the scalable RDS™ Tier 1 Warehouse Control and Execution System, WCS-WES platform. RDS™ also includes a complete family of interface toolsets to integrate RDS Voice and any of our order fulfillment automation technologies with your existing WMS or ERP systems including SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, JDE, IBM I-Series, Highjump, Manhattan, Accellos, Great Plains, JDA, and all other WMS/ERP systems.
Voice Picking System RDS Voice™ Advantages
Numina’s Voice Picking System is an advanced speaker independent technology requiring zero voice training. RDS Voice™ combines hands-free scanning validation and wireless headsets to direct operators in picking, pallet building, inspection and other warehouse activities. It uses advanced natural voice instructions combined with voice and barcode validation to drive the highest productivity and accuracy obtainable in the industry. RDS Voice™ includes a multitude of benefits including:
- Virtual or Cloud based server application that uses high performance “Thin Client” voice engine technology.
- Can be deployed on mobile computers and tablets, using both Microsoft and Android operating systems.
- The voice logic uses a finite state machine with rules contained within the SQL database for fast and easy editing
- Pre-developed picking and warehouse automation allows easy integration of RDS Voice™ process improvements with existing or new WMS/ERP systems.
- Includes RDS labor tracking and productivity reporting module.
RDS™ automated voice picking system includes a robust Labor Tracking Module. It provides the ability to capture, analyze and report individual operator performance across user settable work zone standards. The Labor Tracking Module can be used to plan daily labor requirements based on order volume, track operator performance to standards, monitor individual and team performance, and provide real time productivity feedback to employees, supervisors, and managers.
The Numina Group provides complete warehouse automation process improvement design and solutions powered by our industry leading RDS™ Tier 1 Warehouse Control and Execution Systems, WES-WCS. Watch our videos on how we increase productivity and profitability in warehouse and distribution processes and contact us today to learn more about how to streamline your order fulfillment and other work activities with our advanced RDS voice picking system.