Numina Group is looking for a Senior Solution Consultant to join our expanding team to design innovative workflows and materials handling automation solutions for prospective and current clients in the warehouse and distribution operations. The successful candidate will have 8 or more years’ experience working in material handling automation, distribution center operations or an optimization related field. The Solution Consultant will:
- Perform on site assessment at prospect and customer operations to learn current state process, identify constraints and define design criteria.
- Review and analyze customer’s business information to understand the current state operational metrics and define future state design criteria and assumptions.
- Generate future state process and potential automated material handling solutions to meet the customer’s future state business objectives.
- Validate alternate processes and material handling solutions through financial analysis. Select and recommend a single solution based on accepted value engineering principles.
- Present the solution to the customer stakeholders with the sales team to win the business.
- Document a comprehensive description of operations after being awarded the business to define the future state processes and workflow.
Role and Responsibilities
The Solution Consultant will engage with Numina Group prospects and customers to analyze their business needs into innovative solutions.
- Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct small to mid-sized projects without assistance.
- Performs analysis of customers’ business information and develops solutions to meet or exceed customers’ requirements.
- Supports sales in the development of proposal documents.
- Collects data that accurately represents customer requirements (design criteria, flow charts, etc.).
- Accurately, clearly and concisely displays design requirements.
- Stay abreast of current / future operating strategies and technologies by attending industry conferences, seminars, etc.
- Thorough understanding of material handling technology, including software.
- Develops a wide range of concepts that meet or exceed the design criteria. Concepts may range from manual to fully automated solutions.
- Evaluates concepts and recommends the best solution. Skilled in using evaluation techniques ranging from simple “pro and con” comparisons to sophisticated Return on Investment (ROI) calculations.
- Produces a description of operations that professionally summarizes the future state process, workflows and data requirements
- BS/BA in mechanical or industrial engineering or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of successful experience working in material handling automation, distribution center operations or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong innovative and creative thinking
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Advanced user of AutoCAD required (Solidworks experience preferred)
- Able to multi-task and work in a high-growth, fast-paced and deadline driven environment successfully.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to prospect and customer location
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.