The Numina Group is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to design, document and oversee the installation of complex conveyor solutions for warehouse and manufacturing applications. As the mechanical engineer, you are responsible for understanding the scope, following standard engineering processes, designing within the budget and releasing drawings to meet the schedule. You will collaborate closely with all design disciplines, the project-delivery team and other internal resources in order to meet the specified requirements of your projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in discovery meetings to understand the customer’s use case, business requirements, and growth assumptions.
- Design cost effective, comprehensive mechanical solution inclusive of conveyor and all peripheral equipment necessary to satisfy the requirements of the business case.
- Present comprehensive engineering solution to internal stakeholders linking design elements to specific customer requirements.
- Develop detailed drawing packages for approval and release including engineering bill of materials (BOM’s), system details and installation drawings.
- Create and manage request for proposals (RFP’s) across various vendors for engineered equipment and installation services.
- Revise drawings as required through detailing, manufacturing, or field changes.
- Oversee vendors and contractors to ensure your design is properly understood and installed at the customer’s site.
- Support project management and software engineers with system commissioning.
- Support project, departmental, and business objectives for design direction, quality, budget and schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.)
- Minimum 3 years of mechanical conveyor solution design
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% as project needs
Are you ready to join a fast paced, well established family owned business? We offer a competitive benefits package, annual bonuses, regular team building events and a business casual work environment. This position is based at our corporate headquarters in our Woodridge, IL office.
Apply by emailing email@example.com.